At ABRSM, we encourage collaborative working practices and a sense of partnership among our team at London Wall Place and all our colleagues and supporters.
You can expect a thorough induction process to our organisation, and to be introduced to everyone when you start. The collaborative culture in our central London office makes this possible, as most of our 160 staff work in one building. We find that new members of staff comment on how friendly and helpful everybody is, and we believe that this is a key part of what makes it so special to work here.
We are committed to open communication within ABRSM, which is why the whole organisation gets together at regular intervals to share what we have been working on. Our Staff Forum also runs a number of events throughout the year such as pub quizzes, sports days and a Christmas party, to enable our teams to get together outside of their day-to-day work.
As you would expect, music is an important feature of life at ABRSM and can be heard around the building as colleagues explore new syllabus repertoire or practise privately in break times, and as applicants visit the building to take our exams. If you are musical there are opportunities to get involved with our choir or various ensembles, or even start your own!
Our discretionary staff benefits include:
- Annual pay reviews
- Contributory Pension Scheme (with associated Death in Service and Group Income Protection benefits)
- Christmas closure days in addition to annual leave allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Learning and development opportunities
- Child care voucher scheme
- Occupational sick pay
- Employee Assistance Programme with telephone and online support on a range of personal and work-related issues
- Interest-free bike loans and season ticket loans (after passing the probation period, which is normally six months)
- Discounts on our products, and products from our affiliated companies
- Use of our music practice rooms
- Staff recreation area with free barista style coffee and kitchen facilities